Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jordan's Review: The Great Wide Sea


Summary: The Great Wide Sea by M. H. Herlong is one of my favorite books. While still mourning his wife’s death, a father of three sons, decides to sail the Florida Keys. Sixteen year-old Ben and his two younger brother s Dylan and Gerry think it’s insane, and have a heartfelt, crazy journey while sailing with their father. Many exciting and unexpected things happen, and each page gets more and more intense. Once you pick it up you won't be able to put it back down.

Review: The Great Wide Sea was incredible, and greatly written. I had never felt so attached to a book in my life! Every time I began to read it I kept getting sucked into it. It made me feel like I was there, with them on the boat. No matter where I was in the storyline it kept me entertained. If you thought you could predict what could happen – you were wrong! With each chapter bringing a new twist to the story, you didn’t know what was going to happen. This is a MUST READ book, and I think it would be great for ages 10 and up. After I read it I made my mom read it… and she loved it too! c:

Final take: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment